Push and Adapt


THIS PICTURE IS A LIE
pic is from fotosearch.com

We all know that waking up in the morning does NOT look like the picture above. Not in a thousand year. Trying to crawl out of the bed with one eye shut and the other covered in gunk sure does not give you a refreshed, happy face. And then you decide to creep back into the blanket. Soft. Comfortable. Going back to sleep is an unavoidable decision.

And then you are late. Haha.

Anyway, have you ever noticed that actually after crawling out of bed, we only spend five heavy-eyelid-disoriented-minutes? After those dreadful five minutes, usually we already turn fully awake. So really, all we have to do is push ourselves to get out from the bed, getting adapted to the waking world.

We tend not to do it, I know :)

Is not life like that? We do not want to leave our comfort zone and embrace changes. When I moved from Indonesia to Dubai last year, I thought I would not last. For the first few weeks, all I wanted to do is go home. Everything I did there seemed so heavy, as if I was covered in gunk. I could not even see what I would do the next day, as if my eyes were shut. I was depressed and I did not know how to survive in a country of extreme heat and harsh people.

Funny. After some time, I adapted, without really trying. I just did. Since I-am-not-sure-when, Dubai has had a place in my heart.

Now I know. Whatever I face, I'll just push myself into that new situation and I know I'll adapt in no time.

Or maybe no. Crawling back into the comfort zone looks more tempting. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today the universe conspires to teach me how to forgive

Hydration Obsession: The 7 Skin Method

He's Got the Whole World (and My World) In His Hand