Gig Review: Eva De Roovere!

The husband went to a gig with me and enjoyed it! That's something because he usually gets bored whenever I drag him to a music--mostly classical--concert.

This one we went to last week was a gig performed by Eva De Roovere and Marc De Maeseneer, held by Yayasan Caraka Mulia, a center for Indonesian-Netherlands culture and language based in Surabaya. They are Belgian and the songs were in Dutch.

Eva on Wikipedia: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eva_De_Roovere

Before the gig, a Dutch guy from Yayasan Caraka Mulia creatively taught us a little bit of Dutch. Pretty interesting and we learned some Dutch words. By the way, all of the show was in Dutch. We didn't understand a thing :D

The gig was quite entertaining. Eva was on vocal, guitar, keyboard, and sometimes harmonica and some percussion. The songs, written by Eva, reminded me of Jewel Kilcher. I never had a lot of exposure to European pop music, so if I have to associate Eva's songs with what I've heard, I would say that they are country-ish. The chords were simple and easy-listening, the melody were not complicated, but I cannot say there were not beautiful.

The best thing that made us enjoy the gig so much was probably the artists' enjoyment. It was so obvious that they enjoyed their music so much. They were interactive, asking us to sing along and to dance along (though no one danced haha). Marc's saxophone spoke very passionately and his mini xylophone was so cute!

Overall, I really enjoyed this free (yes, it's free!) gig a lot, and would LOVE to drag my husband to come to another Yayasan Caraka Mulia's gig.

Note:
By they way, later I found out that they were husband and wife. No wonder they were in such sync!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today the universe conspires to teach me how to forgive

Hydration Obsession: The 7 Skin Method

He's Got the Whole World (and My World) In His Hand