Christmas

I just want to share my Christmas service.

Christmas at United Christian Church of Dubai (UCCD).
No decoration at all.

And the sermon went something like this:

Christmas is to remind us of the deeply disturbing, the ugly: our sins.
No one deserves Christmas.
If we realize we are sinners, then indeed, merry is the news of Christmas. The one who we should be saved from is the one who saves us: Christ.

My effort to hold my tears almost would not let me sing "Amazing Grace" after the sermon. Why can't Christmas be celebrated like this every year, in the whole world?

Lord, have mercy on us. Kyrie, Eleison.
Christ, have mercy on us. Christe, Eleison.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Today the universe conspires to teach me how to forgive

Hydration Obsession: The 7 Skin Method

Saya Ingat Dulu Saya Menulis