Hydration Obsession: The 7 Skin Method

I am not into Korean drama. I am not into Korean music. I am not into Korean food. I just don't understand what the hype is all about. But I have to admit that I am into Korean skincare.

I am always a fan of Japanese skincare. I just think that they suit my skin better than Western skincare. But, oh boy, Japanese stuffs can be so expensive sometimes. So when Korean skincare started to hit the worldwide market, and after I've tried a couple of them, I jumped into the bandwagon. I'm sold. My skincare arsenal does not consist of all Korean, though. There are still some Japanese and Western stuffs that I use.

Anyway, two of my most favorite things in Korean skincare are First Essence (or sometimes called as First Serum) and Hydrating Toner. I find them most comfortable to use on my combination skin because they are hydrating, but only lightly so my skin does not feel tacky or oily. But they are not hydrating enough so I have to follow up with serum and emulsion, and cream at night.

And the 7 Skin Method came into the stage of Korean skincare. And they hit hard, worldwide. (FYI, in Korea, Skin means Toner). The idea is layering seven types of toner or essence toner, which means you get a slightly hydrating layer, seven times. I've tried this (not 7 layers, though) and boy do I love it. My skin is hydrated without the heaviness or greasiness of emulsions and creams. Perfect for my combination skin. And they say this method is suitable for other skin types as well.

Hydration. Why is it so important?

Water is essential to our health--and also to our skin health. Your skin feels dry, maybe it's not hydrated enough. Your skin feels too oily, maybe it's not hydrated enough. Dehydrated skin acts up by producing excessive oil. So try to hydrate your skin. It solves a lot of problems. And hydrated skins looks good and feels good.

So, how do I layer them?

First, from the function. I use the toners that have the function of cleansing or clarifying, first. It just makes sense, right. You use that type first before using the more hydrating toner.

Second, from the texture. I use the runniest first. That means that Shangpree Bitgoa Hue Essence Toner comes last because it is the thickest.

Three, with cotton pads or not? Well, it depends on the skin condition. Cotton pads help wipe away dead cells and dirt. So if my skin feels rough, I use cotton pads for some of the first toners (and applying is so much quicker with first toners!). If my skin feels smooth and delicate, and I have time, I take time to use my hands and pat the toners until they are all absorbed well.

Toner only or first essence, too?

Well, I do not have seven kinds of different toner. So I cheat and include two first essences/serums on my list lol. My skincare rule is I decide my own rule based on what my skin likes.


What I use and where to buy

The almost seven skin method.

  1. Kose Sekkisei Medicated Lotion (clarifying toner): At their counters, or online shops. I feel alcohol in them, so.. I don't think I'll buy them again. Ow, and I forgot to take a picture of it.
  2. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (first essence): You know, at their counters, or at online shops (cheaper), just make sure you buy from trusted ones.
  3. Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum (first essence): OMG this is one my Holy Grails. It really works to help condition your skin. I bought a lot of them in this trial size (cheaper than the full size) from online shops. Skinfood recommends to use this with cotton pads.
  4. Juju Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Toner: I bought them at Sasa. I almost run out of this but will not repurchase. It's not hydrating enough, despite the claim. Maybe because of the alcohol in it.
  5. Hadalabo Gokujyun Lotion (oh yeah, in Japan Lotion means Toner. I know, confusing.): It's a best seller because it's that good. Effectively hydrating, very affordable, easy to find anywhere in supermarkets.
  6. Shangpree Bitgoa Hue Essence Toner: I cannot find it anymore in any online shops. Discountinued, maybe? It's hydrating. I'm not sure about the brightening. But even if it's not discountinued, I will not repurchase. It's fragrant. Me no likey.

Conclusion

You should give this method a try! And tell me what you think of it!

And I already have some other toners that I'm eyeing. Klairs Supple Preparation Toner, Whamisa Deep Rich Toner. But they are on the expensive side. Or maybe Hatomugi Skin Conditioner. They say it's not expensive and you can find it easily at drugstores in Indonesia. Or Mizon AHA BHA Daily Clean Toner. And the list goes on. 

#nulisrandom
Hari keempat. #nulisrandom2017.

Comments

  1. Your skin deserves a routine as unique as you are. That’s why we’re always chatting with skin care experts and looking into the latest products, treatments and tips to help you create your perfect skin care product in UAE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Today the universe conspires to teach me how to forgive

He's Got the Whole World (and My World) In His Hand

Saya Ingat Dulu Saya Menulis